My literary works

Monday, July 16, 2018

Long Time No See

Wow!!!  Am I ever inconsistent.  I haven't blogged in ages.  We all know how easy it is to let the little things slide as we deal with everyday life.  This is what I have done so just to bring you up-to-date we are spending the summer in Virginia this year.  There are 3 campgrounds in our system that make it easy for us to bounce back and forth from.  It helps save $$$ on diesel fuel too.  Currently we are along the Plankatank River just a few miles south of Saluda, Virginia.  It is very nice here.  The weather is great, except for the humidity, and the park is loaded with amenities.  One of which I have not encountered before.  It is a lawn sized chess board.  There is also a sauna, fishing ponds(catch and release) and of course the river.

Cookie is going gang busters with her baby blankets.  There is such a huge demand for her work she has little time for anything else.

Me, I am still writing, slowly.

This year we are trying our hand at container gardening.  We have a sweet chile pepper plant, 3 tomato plants, 2 ancho chile plants, mint and oregano.  So far we have been able to keep them alive.  We have had 2 sweet chile peppers ripen thus far.  They are spicier than I had anticipated.

See the one turning orange ..

Well, you would think after such a long time I would have more to say but I don't.  Everyone be well and have a good rest of the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment