My literary works

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stick'em Up

We are in Coffeyville Kansas to visit the Dalton Defenders Museum.  A little history, in October 1892 the Dalton Gang tried to rob two banks, in Coffeyville, at the same time.  The attempt failed and in the ensueing gun battle 4 out of 5 of the gang were killed and  four of the towns people were killed.  The museum is to honor those citizens that gave their lives in defense of their town.  It is a very interesting museum and we took about an hour visiting it.  Not only is it about the Defenders of Coffeyville and the Dalton Gang but there is much on the history of the town through the ages.

We have been floating around for 5 weeks now and really enjoying ourselves, I thought.  My wife, who can not stand to do nothing, has been wanting to go back to work for a couple of weeks now.  I thought I could hold her off until the race in November.  NOT!!!  While here in Coffeyville we discovered that Amazon.com was base here and that they were hiring.  Cookie wanted to apply and I said go ahead but not me.  She did.  Starting on the 12th of September she will be working for Amazon.com doing what ever they do until race time.  She's happy, I'm happy and our travels this year have come to a hault.  Oh well, next year will be here soon enough and we'll be on our way to Alaska. 

More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment