My literary works

Saturday, August 22, 2015

In Ohio - 8/22/2015

 Here we are at Kenisee Lakes Resort, in the beautiful state of Ohio.  Cookie has been able to tolerate the humidity so far.  Our rig is backup to the lake and we can fish for free (no license required) since we're on private property.  It has been several years since we've been in the eastern U.S..  Things (towns, roads, trees) and such, are much closer together than in the west.  The road into the resort was narrow, I'd say one and one-half lanes if that.  Luckily we met only one other vehicle.    
 
A trip to the farmers market was a bust.  Outrageously priced for over ripe and too large vegetables.  We did not purchase anything.  Quick stop at Wally World and JO-ANN Fabrics and we're back home.  
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Downtown Ashtabula, Ohio, I am assuming they're are trying to rejuvenate this area.  It is very depressed.
 
It has taken two dealerships and six hundred dollars but we've finally got the a/c in the car fixed.  The drivers side window is a lost cause.  I guess that's how it goes when you own a car that's seventeen years old. 
 
Yesterday was spent rearranging the basement.  I now how room for more plastic containers of crochet items.  Cookie cranks out baby blankets at record speed.  I did find old pictures from the Gulf War "Desert Storm", some pictures of pen-pals and our wedding photos.  Was I ever skinny back then.  There is a bunch of stuff I'd like to throw away, but sure as rain I'll need it soon afterwards.  So we'll just tote it around for a few more years and see what happens.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment